2017 LOCOMOTION Competition
A show of Texas Artists's WorK. Submit by Oct 3rd, 2017, 6PM.
All artist 18 years of age or older; working, studying or living in the state of Texas are eligible to submit up to five pieces for review in the disciplines of painting, sculpting, ink, digital art, photography, drawing or mixed media addressing the concept of "Locomotion."
Cash awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place entries in both 2D and 3D categories.
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $200
3nd Place: Jerry's Artarama Gift Card
Awards will be presented at the artists' reception.
Submission Deadline: 6PM Oct 3rd, 6PM, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: Sunday, Oct 8th, 2017
Delivery of Artwork for Hanging: Oct 14th, 11AM-6PM, 2017
Artists' Reception: 5PM - 9PM Oct 19th, 2017
Collection of Unsold Artwork: 11AM-6PM Dec 16th, 2017
Awards will be announced at the artist's reception at 8PM.
Artist, Author, Interdisciplinary Studies, Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Performance
Cleveland Institute of Art BFA, Ongoing Post Graduate Studies, TCU, Masters of Liberal Arts
Center Art Club, Past-President, Board of Directors. Williamson County Art Guild, BOD. Round Rock Symphony, President. Georgetown Art Center. Round Rock Arts.
Preparing Your Work For Display
When invited to hang work at 120Art you will need to follow the gallery guidlines for hanging work. Details are below. Failure may result in work not being displayed or in a preparation fee being assessed.
- Arrive at the correct time & day of installation.
- Arrive with the proper completed paperwork.
- Arrive at the installation with your work ready to hang.
- Your artworks should have a hanging wire firmly attached.
- Have a check for the total hanging fee if any.
- Label the back of your artwork with:
- your name
- your phone number and email
- the title
- the medium
- the price
- the entry date
- Pick up your artwork at the appointed time.
- Bring artwork that is not ready to hang.
- Use saw-tooth hangers.
- Attach the wire hanger using small nails or tacks.
- Drop artwork off without submitting the proper paperwork.
- Drop artwork off without having the gallery volunteer/staff member check it in.
- Forget to label your work appropriately.
- Pick up artwork early.
- Leave artwork past the scheduled pickup time.
Paintings that are on a stretcher of at least 2" should have the canvas sides painted. Only work on a smaller stretcher should be framed.
Submit Your Work
To enter the LOCOMOTION competition please fill in the form below. There is a submission fee for each entry, up to five maximum. See below for the submission fee amounts. There is no hanging fee for accepted work to the LOCLOMOTION show.
1 Work: $12 members/$18 non-members
2 Works: $24 members/$36 non-members
3 Works: $36 members/$54 non-members
4 Works: $48 members/$72 non-members
5 Works: $60 members/$75 non-members
Already submitted and just need to pay? Click Here.